Monday, September 30, 2013

F is for Fall


And here is the Erin Fall News....if your not into words...you can scroll and make it a game :)


NEWS #1 Fall is HERE! I've been trying to embrace the over 60 degree biking days we have left this yearrrr

my love.

I've also been loving running our Badger Mountain----I hope to make this a weekly night routine over the winter- kinda hard to see but this was the night of the Harvest Moon----it was HUGE

This fall has been SO STORMY. Really unlike the last couple of years!


Yeah- the weather has been CRAZY this was taken mid-day

NEWS #2 I learned how to clean my own bike! Chain and all :) haha 
This is something I've been wanting to learn who to do for a couple years- it really isn't quite the drama situation I was thinking it was going to be....and the payoff is awesome (beautiful bike!)

Love getting out on the bike with the Momma on her Tuesdays off! Little does she know---that those are my hill repeat days.... Shhhhh....


Joined a group for a ride (I ran) through Chamna this week too---its really pretty through there----and semi eerie- straight out of Alice in Wonderland.

News #3 AUDREY GOT MARRIED! :) 
Beautiful wedding in Prosser, WA
Also, my good friend and former Channel Cat Ryanne got married! I didn't get any pictures of how pretty she looked---but did get a picture with Todd!


NEWS #4 Jeevan Phillip won the National Championships for Aquathon!!!!!
Jeevan is such an inspiration to me. Jeeven and I are fellow Channel Cats- and although I have 7 years age difference over him- I truly believe that I have a LOT to learn about from his approach to racing. I asked Jeevan if he gets nervous before races, especially knowing he is a favorite to win- he simply answered "No. It's just a race. I will do what I can do and that will be  the outcome." 

Small NEWS #5 Natilee came home- worked a lot- swam a lot- and went back to swim at SDSU. Glad I got to spend quite a bit of time with her this summer. She's just phenomenal. 

NEWS #6 I watched Star Wars for the first time. All three of them! BIG NEWS.

NEWS #7 I moved....across town!

This honestly has to be a dream.


NEWS #7 Well this news should have been a lot sooner up the list. BUT the Pasco Pool Closed. Wah wah wah....I love the Pasco Pool. 

James and I had a good pulling session the last day it was open. Still a little sad we can't have it open all year.


NEWS #8 I am following the Clean Program for a couple of weeks
My mother followed this through her summer last year- started looking into different diets to help with some inflammation she was having and decided to stick with the style of eating- finding that she felt way better when she stuck to the foods that didn't cause inflammation. I just started reading the book and realized I hit a lot of the symptoms of a "toxic" diet---and decided I could try it for 3 weeks (their recommendation is one, two or three week commitments).

Although the program looks extreme- after a couple days it hasn't really felt like too much of an inconvenience.

My first weekend of shopping (ignore the alcohol....). I just cannot believe how expensive it has been to eat healthy. The picture above was  $40 shopping trip----for mostly natural foods! Its ridiculous!

Ive been trying to do a lot of soups for dinner. Here was my first- Lentil soup....mmm

One thing I have realized....is that I'm going to have a REALLY hard time cutting out caffeine.

...and well...everything in moderation...right? I made a chocolate cake this weekend....and I just can't turn down rhubarb pie....

One of my fellow trainers at the gym put it well----"One bad meal won't make you fat- as well as one healthy meal won't make you skinny."

Love, Erin

1 comment:

  1. Lots of good stuff in here!

    I too am trying to get the hang of biking in the cold...me no likey =).

    Teach me how to clean my bike, I have no clue!!!!!

    ReplyDelete