Learned how to curl my hair. I know...big news.
You always read about something best selling authors, major
company CEO’s, even sailors sailing the ocean blue all having one thing in
common. A confidence that is willing to put everything down on the
line and pursue something they passionately believe and stand behind. The reason why they
are so memorable through not only as being the modern day hero, but remaining as
history’s memorable leaders is their risk of being remarkably honest, passionate, and
raw in seeking these dreams.
For me, growing up there seemed to be this concept of “reaching for
your dreams” and “following these dreams." My mother always supported any decision-- that even if it being completely off the wall----I ultimately had to live with and make it as successful as possible (even if the tone-deaf teenager had an interest in forming her own band with two cellos and a guitar...) (two chics on a stick was the shit). Well, in society, what if that path doesn’t outwardly fit into their “acceptable” path they lay out for the youth? The last couple of years have left me
feeling as if I missed the boat.
...and here I lay at a crossroads. Looking at long term plans and goals- although I am still unsure of what I would like to do long term- I have some good ideas of what makes me happy now and what could earn a living---and it looks like I would hate to close any doors that I ought to keep open. All I know is that, I have some big aspirations that currently I am putting ALL cards in. Details are not quite set...so I will update as soon as more details come in. I do know this, I am excited and ready for change.
One huge awesome set of news I can update on is I HIRED A TRIATHLON COACH. She's not only my coach but also one of my all time heroes and role models---Hillary Biscay. I just finished week 2 of training with her---and I am ecstatic with how my training is going. I had a hard time balancing the three sports and keeping myself injury free---feeling like more was always better. WELL. I am super excited to train under someone who has gone through legendary "smashfests" through her training and racing of 57 Full distance Ironman Races. Excited to see what 2013 will bring being a part of Team HPB.
Kitty is doing well. She's super excited for the holidays.
Big news: I got one earring through my right ear. Big. News.
Last river swim for the year. Weather in the Tri has held super nice so far! It was almost 65 degrees just a couple days ago. Loving the no snow.
PS do not swim here. It looks super nice....yuck water.
Back in the good OL dreaming days.
And for closing----kitty and I will update soon!
Love, Erin






I feel the same way, fitness and athletics is a very hard career field with little stability. But it's fun, and that's all that matters!
ReplyDelete