Thursday, May 3, 2012

958

miles in the coche from Tri Cities, WA to St George, Utah. Holy. Cow.

Ive been taking a lot of pictures...because i think pictures are a little bit more fun.
Let me just start off by saying---I was a little unsure of what I was going to think of St George and the desert red rock climate. We haven't even been here 24 hours and I could see myself living here. It is such a cool town---really a shame that they are taking the full distance ironman out of this location---because just from seeing this area- I could definitely see myself traveling here to race again!

You can see Kennewick at the top southern WA state---we drove down through Boise and Twin falls---through Salt Lake and to St George


We left the house around 2pm Tuesday and drove 7 hrs to Twin Falls. I thought this road trip would be DEATH---but honestly I kinda liked it. The hours were long...but there was a lot to look at and some good places to stop and stretch out the legs. I love the west.

The start of our 14 hour journey south.

The wonderful ladies at the TCCC got me balloons. With cats drawn on them.

Love. 




My process of packing. First- Triathlon gear. Second- clothing. I can't believe I fit all my clothes into a small over the shoulder bag...and my triathlon stuff filled 2 bags (just raceway stuff). woof.

Leanda Cave posted this picture this week and gave me exactly what I needed. I know I am ready for the St George course. I just am a little nervous on how my time is going to prepare to the last two (since the bike is so much more hilly). I just keep remembering that I signed up for this race because I want it to be hard. I want the challenge. If it were a breeze- there wouldn't be those learning moments that give you a stronger mentality and body. 

We stopped in Twin Falls, ID for the night---they have this HUGE canyon right as your entering town. WOW.

Day 2: about an hour and a half into our drive we had to stop so I could pee. Im not the greatest person to take in long car rides...I pee pretty much every hour. :)

We stopped in Salt Lake to eat some lunch at the Red Iguana. Had to have been the best mexican food I've ever had. holy cow. 

And...on the road again. We were surprised how green it stayed. We didn't start seeing the red rocks until we were about 30 miles out...and the trees started to thin out. Really pretty.


So we're all set for the day today. Got our race stuff from the expo and picked up a nice beer mug. Excited for the race on Saturday. Hasn't really hit me yet----but i guess it didn't really hit me that i was doing an Ironman until the last 20 miles of the bike in Canada....so I guess i have some more waiting to do...until then I will just enjoy the SW region---and have some damn good Mexican food.



Oh before I go-----i am SOOOO STOKED to be getting one of these puppys soon! Cant wait to rock the REV3 PARTY. 

Love, Erin












1 comment: